CTF - minecraft style

General minecraft-related chat.
Bumnuggets0

Re: CTF - minecraft style

Post by Bumnuggets0 »

also make the teams where team "hats" ex. :cloth3red: =red team, :cloth10blue: = blue team.
also make the flags different types of block but with equal breaking time. but my guess is make one a :wood: and anouther :log: or gold block and iron block
i am still god
bill753

Post by bill753 »

Tiel424 wrote:Image

^Did not make, map from Halo 1, VERY good CTF.
I have other ideas floating about, too.
This is the best ctf map ever. Although it's designed to be used with vehicles, so it might not work very well.
Bumnuggets0

Post by Bumnuggets0 »

if we are guna take halo maps into consideration

this would be a much more appropriat one for minecraft and the servers max players, small, has color identified bases, parfec
bill753

Post by bill753 »

I agree, it's a good 'un.
xxYamixx

Post by xxYamixx »

I agree, it's a good 'un.
Hey, Bill your 100:th post! And yeah that map is awesome :D
#Yami is MLR Legit [Major League Russian]
Bumnuggets0

Post by Bumnuggets0 »

well, off to find a sutible area to build on the server map
Bumnuggets0

Post by Bumnuggets0 »

x: -211.45
y:68.62
z:-7517.71
orion5800

Post by orion5800 »

Dr_Obvious wrote:
kleril wrote:For the pilot run of CTF, I'll fence off a large area and beg Rbos to (please please please PLEASE) make an adminium box around the area (top to bottom of the map) and remove all the obsidian in it (you can do that with a map editor, right?). The top should be closed, to keep it dark... it IS halloween, after all!
Basewise, each team will get an aboveground bunker (it's gonna be tiny) with an obsidian block in the middle. There will be a chest of supplies in there as well.

RULES:
- Steal the enemy's obsidian (the flag) and bring it back to your base. Your team wins when the enemy's obsidian is placed on top of your team's obsidian while they are both in your base.
- Kill other players with arrows.
- Flag movement: You may not destroy your own flag even to move it in your own base. If you steal the enemy flag, it may only be placed on top your own flag. If you are returning a stolen flag to your base, it must be placed in it's original position.
- Building and gathering resources is completely allowed, go make a crazy fortress around your flag if you want.
- ABSOLUTELY NO OUTSIDE FOOD OR DRINK! Make 100% sure that your inventory is EMPTY before teleporting into the game!
- If you are shot by an arrow, you must IMMEDIATELY empty your inventory (toss it all on the ground) and go to spawn by using the /spawn command. Do not pass go, do not collect $200!
- After being shot and moving to spawn, you may only use the teleport back (perhaps they could be in ada's tele hub) to YOUR team through your team's teleport. On the minute (Hour:minute:00) you may then teleport back into the game (dead players will respawn in waves). (Any volunteer mods want to ref the teles?)
- Don't destroy / tamper with the enemy's respawn teleport. Don't destroy / tamper with your team's respawn teleport. That just wrecks everything. Any other teleport built in the area of play is fair game. :)

All attending please post below!
(time & date: probably sometime after the hell event)
Comments:
- You should make the flag something easier to remove...obsidien takes FOREVER without tools. Even with tools it take a while. I suggest using a fence or something like that that is moderate.
- You should make a warp to a waiting area like in the middle underground of the arena when you die or waiting for a round to start. In that area youd have some waiting chairs and a nice place to hang out. Also, there would be the teleproters to the teasm bases.
- You should be able to bring a stack (or less, depending on what you thiknk would be good) of ONE item of your choise (of course there would be like item restictions so people dont bring obsidien in). This one item would help start off the round so people can , in little way, protect their area.
- Taking this idea from TF2 but the base should be a bit bigger and have like a "flag" room underground, or aboveground, or in a tower, etc.
- Basic thing like a workbench, furnace, etc should be supplied in the bases.
- There should be limits about how fortified your base could be so that its still accesable. There should be a rule about "no prop blocking" and atleast have one entrance ALWAYS.
- I agree that no outside food should be brought, but maby a chest in each base to have a stash of ham for emergencies??
- If you are shot by an arrow, you must IMMEDIATELY empty your inventory (toss it all on the ground) and go to spawn by using the /spawn command. Do not pass go, do not collect $200!
- wouldnt you just die if you get hit?? I*f not than i aggree. But how would you know you got hit by an arrow??

Ideas:
- There should be some secret pots (chests) with items to find.
- Hidden really good should be a mistery pot where theree would be stuff that could give you some great advantages.

Other:
- I dont know what you wanted to do about bows and arrows, but at some point you will run out of arrows. Would you have infinite arrows like at your base or at chests (refill stations placed around the map) or a limited amount and than be screwed?

Ill add to this once I have ideas!! Hope this helps!

Try having a chest full o' diamond swords and bows and 64's of arrows and lowwer the health of them all with suprise mobs such as spiders and creepers :mobspider: :mobcreeper: maybe even notch :mobnotch: at night :mobskeleton: :mobzombie: :mobspider: :mobcreeper: it would be fun and mods can get a bunch o' spawners for piggys
Hard as diamond okay my Adminium Is Harder Eat that diamonds!
bill753

Post by bill753 »

Has this happened?
Bumnuggets0

Post by Bumnuggets0 »

nope, i found a spot for it but thats as far as it is atm