Project Competition

General minecraft-related chat.
Zaneo

Project Competition

Post by Zaneo »

I think most of you have probably seen this.
(For more enjoyment mute the video and listen to some Daft Punk)

I was hoping to see similar projects built in our server, so I am providing an incentive plan.
In order for you project to considered for acceptance you must provide:
  • Project Name
  • Theme
  • Full building plan
  • Desired location
  • Estimate of resources needed
If you think you have everything needed in order to be accepted create a topic under "Projects", [Sub]YourProjectName. The Admin team, as well as a preselected group of individuals will judge all submissions narrowing it down to between 3-5.

Once the top projects have been chosen they will be put to a poll for the users of the server to decide.

Now what I am offering in return is 25% - 50% of the blocks needed in the project depending on the size of the project, you can choose the breakdown of the blocks. I will provide the project leader with 2 set of diamond(pick + shovel) per member that signs on, and it will be up to them to divide those up. I'm open to more depending on the response to this, quality of work done, and scale of projects.

I reserve the right to change anything said here, and punish any who would abuse my kindness
"That line you read, of course is mine, however, read so badly, it sounds like yours" -- Roman Noble
MrEpiclegendzz

Re: Project Competition

Post by MrEpiclegendzz »

I like this idea.
Some people like to watch the world burn, I'm one of those people.
Codename-J6

Post by Codename-J6 »

Seems cool, but i suck at being committed to large scale projects, must stuff I've built so far is tiny :3
rbos wrote:Stupid kittens. I bet they deserved it.
dragslayar

Post by dragslayar »

i would love to do this, if anyone thinks of something to build i would be more than happy to help

EDIT: decided we need to do hyrule!
Hey guys! Click this! If you like Dawn of War I make maps for it and post stuff about it there!
http://blackarkgames.blogspot.com/
Even if you don't, click it!
amixalot

Post by amixalot »

I would like to do the US capitol building.

It's not exactly a unique idea, but it would look great if we could all work on it together.

* Project Name- US capitol building
* Theme- historic, stately
* Full building plan- available online
* Desired location- large open area next to Olympus
* Estimate of resources needed- an utterly ungodly amount that I couldn't even begin to estimate, hundreds of thousands.

So far our people are
Myself (amix)
Mercymike
Zaneo

Post by Zaneo »

Zaneo wrote: If you think you have everything needed in order to be accepted create a topic under "Projects", [Sub]YourProjectName.
"That line you read, of course is mine, however, read so badly, it sounds like yours" -- Roman Noble
lolghurt

Post by lolghurt »

i note that these guys are using a flymod of some sort while building.
would we be allowed to do that or would we have to think of other way to build overhanging things?
Zaneo

Post by Zaneo »

No, we wouldn't be dropping the anti-fly. I realise this makes it a bit harder, but I'd prefer to have it this way.
Devov

Post by Devov »

I took a whack at building the Lighthouse of Alexandria in the structure planner. It isn't really big enough for a server wide project, but if people planned out other ancient Roman/Egyptian structures for an Alexandria-like city it could be fun. I have exact resource requirements if anyone is interested.

MrEpiclegendzz

Post by MrEpiclegendzz »

Devov wrote:I took a whack at building the Lighthouse of Alexandria in the structure planner. It isn't really big enough for a server wide project, but if people planned out other ancient Roman/Egyptian structures for an Alexandria-like city it could be fun. I have exact resource requirements if anyone is interested.

Wow with what program did you make that O.o
Some people like to watch the world burn, I'm one of those people.