staticB

Post threads here related to server bans. If you want to contest a ban, place it here; if you as a moderator ban someone, create a thread here.
rbos

staticB

Post by rbos »

Got 'im.

2012-01-24 20:51:19 [INFO] Disconnecting arin3 [/110.33.97.69:63533]
2012-01-24 20:51:51 [INFO] StaticB [/110.33.97.69:63555] logged in
dragslayar

Re: staticB

Post by dragslayar »

wait irc or game?
Hey guys! Click this! If you like Dawn of War I make maps for it and post stuff about it there!
http://blackarkgames.blogspot.com/
Even if you don't, click it!
dograffe

Post by dograffe »

Do you think the guy actually was the mcbans admin
dragslayer, ingame
So What?
SO DRAGOn
rbos

Post by rbos »

mcbans has a number of admins, I've talked to several in the past. Really we'd call them moderators, they're responsible for making sure global bans are valid.

It's important work.
MrEpiclegendzz

Post by MrEpiclegendzz »

I hate to say it but, TOLD YA ^^
Some people like to watch the world burn, I'm one of those people.
rbos

Post by rbos »

We knew with 95% certainty it was him, we just needed some proof. It was only a matter of time before he messed up. I don't like banning on circumstantial evidence - he could easily have just been a friend of arin3's.
MrStatic

Re: StaticB

Post by MrStatic »

As it turns out, by globally banning me you were under violation of MCBans and your own, self proclaimed, Code of Conduct. To me, the code of conduct is the official 'rule book' as it is being advertised from your server's official website.
On your code of conduct you state:
"Excessive examples of the following will earn you a temporary or permanent ban depending on the severity of the offence."
'The following' does not include sharing IPs with a banned player, or being an alt of a banned player.

Arin3 was banned for griefing and stealing and server stalking for over a year, however; as I look back on old appeals, it seems as though he only griefed to gain access to the chests from which he stole. You define griefing on the code of conduct as intentionally ruining someone's lay experience. You have no evidence he wanted to cause grief intentionally, in fact you have evidence only against it. "server stalking for over a year" This, also is incorrect. arin3's ban happened on the 25th of May 2011. On http://wiki.mcbans.com/display/MCBans/Global+Ban+Rules (which is the official rules for giving somebody a global ban) an invalid example of a global ban is being an alt. And because of this I need to have something that I did wrong on the server. I did nothing to get a global ban. Also, on the MCbans global ban list it states "Causing harm to the server" This is the closest category stealing can fit under; however, isn't it true arin3 gave all the items back?

*Walks Away*
rbos

Post by rbos »

Give it up. You logged in as arin3, failed, then logged in as staticB seconds later.

Don't you get it? It's not about the griefing, or stealing. It's about going behind our back, avoiding bans, harassing staff, and making a nuisance of yourself.

I reverted the global to a local ban after consulting with mcbans staff.
rbos

Post by rbos »

Let me put it another way.

Fuck the hell off, you manipulative, arrogant, obsessive little toe-rag. I would sooner ban Australia than ever willingly let you back on to my server, which is my private property.